NBA Playoffs 2009

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy Week

Yesterday was Palm Sunday, the day we commemorate the entry of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem. It also signifies the start of the Holy Week.

Filipinos have different ways of observing Holy Week. Since it will be a long weekend (starting Maundy Thursday until Easter Sunday), a lot are taking this opportunity to visit relatives in the province or bond in beaches.

And while most Filipinos spend their Holy Week in the province, there are also who prefers to stay in Metro Manila, like me! Well, I actually don't have a choice since I still have to work during the holidays, one of the perks of being a technical support.

My scheduled rest day from work is on Friday and Saturday (Good Friday & Black Saturday). Right now I'm planning what to do during these days aside from resting. When I was a kid, I usually spent the week doing church activities since I used to be an Altar boy. While reading some news article online, I suddenly thought of doing a Visita Iglesia (literally means church visit). According to simbahan.net, this practiced of visiting seven churches, goes back to the time of the early church the seven great basilica in Rome.

However we spend the Holy Week, I just hope people will live the true meaning of Holy Week, that Jesus Christ died for us to save us from our sins.

0 comments: