NBA Playoffs 2009

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Teleperformance acquires Dell - Pasay Call Center






While reading gmanews.tv today, I found this article "Dell sells Pasay contact center, keeps QC facility."

According to the news article, the move was due to the global crisis, which greatly affected the sales of the largest computer company in the US.

It was part of my plan, way back in January, to join Dell Philippines. I've been part of an outsource company of Dell since November 2006. I'm a Dell Certified Systems Expert and one of the best technical support for Dell (ask my friends and former colleagues hehe).

Teleperformance, a French-based call center operator, said that the estimated 1000 employees of Dell will be absorbed. But based on the article, TP will be giving new job offers to these employees. I think a retention or separation package will be offered.

Now, I'm thinking if I will continue my plans to join Dell or should I look for another company. I really love to be part of this company, but with the change of management, I should think twice since I heard a lot of negative comments with Teleperformance, especially with their compensation.

0 comments: